Thursday, May 28, 2009

Showering in the Target Parking Lot

Ok- so I know this is out of order with the blogs that I told you to be on the lookout for but I'm tired so this is the last post of the night and since it was fresh on my memory I wanted to post about it.
Today Hannah, Drew, and I went to the park. We had a great time playing in the sand, on the swings, and on the slide. (Ok- well Hannah did... Drew just kinda slept and sat there.) At the end of the day I decided to go to Target to pick up a couple of things. I was feeling rather productive so off we went. It WAS beautiful out when we went in. Drew was in the bjorn and Hannah was holding my hand. I felt like I had it all under control and I felt rather proud of myself and my accomplishments for the day. About 5 minutes later that would all come to a screeching halt. As I was picking up my few items I suddenly heard an all too familiar noise on the roof.... you guessed it RAIN. This wasn't just any rain... this was down pour rain.
First though... we'll wait it out. So we walked around for about 20 minutes. The rain is not letting up and we are getting dangerously close to nap time for Hannah and lunch time for Drew. I decide to check out in hopes that it will stop.... no such luck. We proceed to the exit. Buckets of rain are coming down. So like any good mother, I place a burp cloth over poor Drew's head and put Hannah in the cart and make a dash for it. We were soaked! By the time I got both of them in and buckled plus all the bags ... it was a nightmare. To top it off when I got everyone in the car the sun came out... go figure. Just when I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry Hannah piped up from the back seat, "Mommy we took a shower in Target's parking lot! That was fun!" Oh boy!

Sorry no pictures of soaked Drew... he was a little disgruntle about the whole situation and refused photography by this paparazzi!

No comments: