Friday, January 29, 2010

So where do we go from here?

Jeff and I have been praying for a few months about the possibility of moving. Right now we live in a 1400 sq ft house with 2 kids, a dog, a SAHM, and a WAHD. It's a fun filled day with everyone around here all day. We are a very close family to say the least. We only have 3 bedrooms so Jeff has been working in our walk in closet. It definately strikes up a conversation when I say my husband is in the closet! HA! Needless to say after a year in the closet Jeff was ready to move on out. I, however, have had my heels dug in and refused.
Last week I gave in. I decided that I was being selfish. We would put the house on the market. (After all the market it bad and secretly I figured our house wouldn't sell and then I would look like a hero. I mean... I tried right?) So we spent the better part of the week cleaning up and touching up paint. The house went on the market on Friday. We got a full priced offer on Sunday.

WHAT?!? How did that happen? Who's idea was this anyway? OH NO! We are moving! This doesn't happen in real life.... especially not to people like me. Are you kidding? 2 days!!

The best part.... we hadn't even started to look at houses. I mean we weren't going to be able to sell our house remember. So Jeff and I did the whirlwind tour of Holly Springs and saw about 30 houses in 3 days. I think our realtor was ready to kill us. I knew what I wanted but I couldn't find it. FINALLY... we found it. It's perfect. 4 bedrooms, a huge master, a huge family room, an office for Jeff, fenced in back yard and it's more than double the size of this one!

PRAISE GOD! After some negotiating they accepted our offer and we will be moving in March 31st! We are closign on our home Feb 23rd... so we will be in limbo for about a month and staying at my parents. We are psyched!

Pictures to follow.... can't link up to realtor.com without showing our address..... gotta take some manually

No comments: