Monday, June 1, 2009

Not Me Monday



Are you feeling guilty for pretending not to notice your toddler playing with the dogfood? Feel like a slouch for staying in your jammies all day? We'll don't! Not Me! Monday was born out of McMama's desire to admit some of her imperfections and reveal a few moments she'd rather forget. You may find it therapeutic to join in and do the same thing; I certainly have!

This week I certainly did not let me dear daughter play in a pile of dirt while we looked at cars and then pretend not to notice and she drug the dirt into the brand new car we were test driving.

I also was not the mother running through the down pour with a burp cloth over the head of the very innocent 6 week old baby simply so I could get my fix at Target.

The mother that let her child ride home in her carseat naked because she was so sandy and I simply didn't feel like getting another outfit dirty... yeah that wasn't me.

And if you are looking for the mother who let there 2 year old eat McDonald's 3 nights straight as she was car shopping it was most certainly NOT ME!

That smelly mom that stuck some baby powder on her greasy hair and put on some lip gloss so she could go to the store- NOT ME....

The woman who pretended not to hear her infant crying so that she could check her email (Granted it was only 5 minutes) but it wasn't me.

And there is no way that it was me that put Drew in the bed with us so that I could sleep an extra couple of hours.

The mom that let her daughter jump in the puddles at the science center and start the fussing of at least 10 other children that wanted to do so... again NOT ME!

The good news is this week is over and there will be another 10 or so items that I can't be blamed for next week and if you come across the woman who is to blame for all these things... don't try to get her back in line.... because if she is like ME she won't listen anyway!


1 comment:

Betty Sherrill-Page said...

and I know that I am not the granny who will let your daughter do anything that she wants to when she is with me