Friday, June 12, 2009

Seeking the Most Highs Guidance in Taming My Terror... I mean Toddler


Today I claim this verse for my darling daughter:

I pray that Hannah will do everything without complaining or arguing, so that she may become blameless and pure, a child of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which she shines like a star in the universe as she holds out the word of life-in order that she may boast on the day of Christ that she did not run or labor for nothing." (Adapted from Philippians 2:14-16)

Ok- so while I like to claim the whole verse... I really would like the first part of the verse....
I pray that Hannah will do everything without complaining or arguing


It has been a LONG couple of days. It seems like whining, arguing, and general difience are the highlight of our days. I feel like I have tried everything... spanking, reasoning (yeah right), timeout, ignoring... I'm running out of suggestions. Maybe I need the supernanny. Then again maybe I just need Christ's guidance and a daily reminder that I too am in need of grace. That He daily looks at me the way I am currently looking at Hannah. That my tantrums and mistrust and whining are far greater in error compared to the infinate power and wisdom of an almighty God. So through the grace that He has given me, today I am choosing to love my daughter. Through her faults and imperfections I am reminded that she is a gift (one that we waited along time for)... and the bottom line is that despite her attitude and behaviors being sinful it is truly my sinful nature of intolerance and lack of patience with her behavior that is frustrating. She really is a sweet girl ..... and while I pray that God will grow us both through this time of the terrible twos... I also can't help but pray that one day she may be blessed with a daughter just like her!! Until then.... may she learn to love and trust in God's grace and mercy and may both Jeff and I strive daily to learn from her relationship with us as we desire to grow in our walk with the Lord!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm wondering if our girls called each other and decided to be holy terrors! I keep telling myself that it is just a phase...good luck to you!