Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Doctor's appointment

Yesterday I went to the ob for our monthly check up.... low and behold... another "issue". The baby is continuing to do great.... maybe a little too great. When we were there last month they told us that the baby was measuring about 2 weeks big. This didn't seem to be an issue to me since they had changed my due date by 2 weeks. At the time I felt like telling them a big "I told you so!" but luckily had refrained. Yesterday I saw a new midwife. She isn't really new; I saw her when I was pregnant with Hannah, but it was the first time with Drew. She said I was measuring a full MONTH bigger. This of course has led to some concern. She said it could be a number of things:
1. A different person doing the measuring
2. Gestational diabetes... we are currently waiting on the test... although unlikely since I have only gained 5lbs total.
3. The due date is off and it is a big baby on top of that
4. Not really sure possibly medication

Anyway, after all was said and done I have 2 ultrasounds scheduled in the next month to look at the growth of Drew. He is moving around great and may just be "baked" faster than we expected. I now will be going to the dr almost everyweek...sans one week in February. Needless to say it is a little overwhelming.
God's timing is perfect though. Jeff continues to remind me of that. I guess it just means that I need to get on the ball. It's amusing to me that we were and still all always worried that Hannah is too small and now we are going to have the opposit problem with Drew. Hey, maybe number 3 will be just right!

No comments: