Monday, February 22, 2010

Crock Pot - Chicken Catchitori

So I've linked up with Smockity Frocks and decided to link up one of my favorite crock pot recipes. I've tried the crockpot MANY times in the past. It is such a great idea but I was never able to find recipes that actually were tasty. They always seemed to turn out like mush and not have much flavor. Recently though I found a few that I love.... below is my FAVORITE. It is oober easy and the kids and Jeff love it.

Chicken Cachitori

1lb chicken breast (it can be frozen of thawed)
1 green pepper (sliced)
1 onion (sliced)
1 package of sliced mushrooms
2 tbs of garlic minced
2 tbs italian seasoning
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can healthy request tomato soup

Add everything together. About 30 minutes before serving add a can of tomato paste to thicken.
Serve over pasta, rice, or with some good crunchy bread!

PS- If you have a large crockpot a double portion will fit and it freezes great!
ENJOY!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

yummy... there were so many great recipes, weren't there?? hope the packing is going well

Smockity Frocks said...

Yummy! Thank you for linking up!

Anna said...

How long do you cook it for usually?